Outline of Service 24th June 2018
Winter: The Feast of Dedication
The Lord’s Prayer from Luke 11:2-4
Psalm 104: 1-5, 19-33 – God creates the seasons
· Heeding the call of salvation and promise - John 10: 7-22
· Reflecting on what is good - Ecclesiastes 2: 22-26
· The Feast of Dedication in Jesus’ time was not a Moses ordained feast. It was an 8-day winter festival to celebrate the rededication of the temple in Jerusalem after Jewish freedom fighters overthrew an oppressive regime.
· Like Jews of old, we too can take the quiet, contemplative time of winter to remind ourselves of God’s wonderful provision and prayerfully reflect on our walk with God and His plan for us.
· We too can (re) dedicate our temples – our bodies – to His service and perhaps become God’s special people of promise.
Hymn 16 (Tune 20)