Outline of Service 9th August 2015
Moving Forward Joshua 2:24
Hymn 104: An Ever Powerful Helper
The Lord’s Prayer from Luke 11:2-4
Psalm 46:1-11 The Lord is With Us
Crossing the Jordan: Joshua 3:1-8, 14-17; 4:18-24
A New Start: Luke 5:1-11
Examples for Us: 1 Corinthians 10:1-11
Hymn 117: God Gains the Victory
· Crossing the Jordan was the point of entry into the Promised Land
· As we enter new phases in our own lives we need to cross-over from the old and embrace the new
· Peter “crossed the Jordan” that day, and gave his life to following Jesus
· God puts in our hearts what to do and what not to do!
· We need to seek strength from God to help us leave the old behind and face the obstacles that might be before us to enter into the new
· Jesus Christ promised life for those who believe, and life more abundantly for those alive and obediently waiting when He returns.
Hymn 35: An Invitation to Life